Dear Students and Families
This is to provide a comprehensive update on the operations of Northern Rivers Conservatorium in response to the current and evolving COVID-19 situation.
The Conservatorium remains operational at this time, with the following protocols in place to provide for the safety of all personnel while ensuring least disruption to ongoing music tuition. We continue to closely monitor information released from authorities including the Australian Government Department of Health, NSW Health and NSW Department of Education, and we are looking at alternative modes of delivering music tuition to:
- Ensure the continuity of your music education
- Maintain the well-being impacts of participation in music education
- Mitigate against loss of income for our teaching staff
COMMUNITY MUSIC ONSITE ACTIVITIES
The Conservatorium building remains open with access limited to staff, students and families only, with the public or other visitors not permitted to enter.
Ensembles, Early Childhood classes and large group programs have been cancelled from this week.
One-to-one tuition is continuing and we are now transitioning to trial the viability of delivering tuition using online communication platforms if necessary.
MUSIC IN SCHOOLS
While permitted by our partner schools, our teachers are continuing to deliver music tuition on site. We are also developing a suite of online music lessons and resources for practice at home for access by our Music in Schools students.
Concerts and workshops between now and July are either cancelled or postponed until further notice. The Northern Rivers Youth Orchestra has been rescheduled to the October school holidays 7 – 9 October.
Note that we are addressing risks as follows:
- Providing the below links to keep you best informed of the latest developments
- Upgrading of the routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces including door handles / tabletops / light switches / shared musical instruments and resources.
- Installed additional soap dispensers, hand sanitiser units and hand washing signage (attached) in bathrooms.
|Floor of the building||Location of hand sanitizer and hygiene options|
|Ground Floor||Early Childhood room, bathroom|
|1st Floor||Reception desk, both student & tutor tearooms, Blue room foyer|
|Mezzanine Floor||Wall mounted above dispenser above the fire extinguisher|
|2nd Floor||Outside Studio A, both bathrooms and Concert Room|
- Provided individual hygiene resources and supplies to all onsite teaching staff for use within their studios.
- Provision of hand sanitizer and hygiene resources at reception to maintain that gathering space.
IMPORTANTLY, we ask your co-operation in minimising risks. When you attend the Conservatorium, we request you:
- Stay home and not attend if you are sick or are feeling unwell *
- Stay home if you have stayed away from work or school *
- Stay home and not attend if you have been to overseas in the past 14 days *
- Practice simple hygiene by:
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
- maintain social distancing where possible to 1.5metres
* Please contact us by phone/email as soon as you make the decision to cancel. 6621 2266. email@example.com
Thank-you. We are continuing to monitor and will advise you if there is any change in circumstances.
Anita Bellman, Executive Director