There is an opening on the team of the Northern Rivers Conservatorium for a highly energetic, music-loving, community-minded administrative whiz to coordinate our music programs across Community Music, Music in Schools and Early Childhood Music. The Music Programs Coordinator works closely with all members of the Teaching and Administration team and has frontline contact with all clients and stakeholders.
- A believer in the value and importance of music and music education?
- Keen to have a job that really makes a difference?
- Extremely organised and efficient?
- Genuinely interested in people and a great communicator?
- A team player?
- Interested in a challenging, creative and varied work life?
If you answered yes, then we’d love to hear from you.
POSITION: Music Programs Coordinator
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Permanent Part Time
RATE OF PAY: $52,000 annual salary with a pro-rata applied at 0.8
HOURS: 30 hours per week. Occasional weekend or evening hours to be taken as time in lieu.
EXPENSES: Reimbursement for travelling expenses when made on Conservatorium business.
ROLE: To co-ordinate the administration of the Community Music Program on site in Lismore and various off-site locations.
To co-ordinate all aspects of the Music in Schools in schools across the Northern Rivers Region.
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Executive Director
- Field enquiries for music tuition through the Community Music Program placing students with appropriate teachers and giving advice on registration, fees, attendance and other Conservatorium policies.
- Prepare Departmental reports for the Board as directed by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate recruitment, induction and activities of Music Teaching Staff
- Produce material for the Conservatorium website and facebook page eg blogs, reviews, staff profiles.
- Attend weekly administration meetings.
- Maintain records of teacher rolls, timetables and availability in database.
- Co-ordination of in-house concerts, open day activities, Northern Rivers Youth Orchestra and other events.
- Design, production and continual improvement of Community Music Practice Diaries.
- Co-ordinate production and distribution of semester reports and certificates.
- Other tasks as directed or as required especially with regards special events.
Music in Schools Program
- Administer all aspects of the program including: enquiries; enrolments and registrations; tutor allocation; devise and maintain currency of rotating timetables according to the school terms.
- Maintain strong positive working relationships and effective flow of information with all tutors, principals, school administration staff and parents.
- Produce semester progress reports in collaboration with tutors in a timely fashion.
- Relevant post-secondary or tertiary qualification or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in co-ordinating or managing a team of people.
- Proven experience working to deadlines, specific timeframes and following established procedures.
- Well developed written and oral communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, to problem-solve, and to prioritise tasks working to competing demands with a keen attention to detail.
- Computer literacy on both mac and pc platforms including word-processing, database, data entry and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability and willingness to learn all aspects of the services delivered by the Conservatorium and to undertake a range of duties as required.
- Demonstrated capacity for flexibility and adaptability both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain & develop stakeholder relationships across the Conservatorium’s client base, partnership organisations and the wider community.
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural diversity and equity in the workplace.
- A current Working With Children Check number.
- Current driver’s licence
- First aid certificate
Enquiries: Anita Bellman, Executive Director
Closing Date: Monday 27th August
Interview Date: Monday 3rd September
Start Date: Monday 10th September
Your application must include:
- Cover letter addressed to the Executive Director
- Document addressing the selection criteria.
- CV with contact details for two referees
Lodge your application:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
152 Keen Street, Lismore NSW 2480