Dear Students and Families
I hope you have all had a lovely time during the July school holidays and are staying safe and well. As you are aware, Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced that restrictions will remain in place across NSW until 11:59pm Friday 16th July.
MUSIC TUITION IN WEEK 1, TERM 3 – 2021
The Northern Rivers Conservatorium has updated its protocols for learning onsite at the Conservatorium in line with the current restrictions to ensure both:
- best contribution to public health outcomes; and
- minimal disruption to ongoing music tuition
- Community Music programs will proceed in Week 1, Term 3 as outlined in the 2021 COVID Personnel protocols (see below)
MUSIC IN SCHOOLS
- Music in Schools programs will proceed in Week 1, Term 3 unless informed otherwise by our partner schools
- NRC Teachers will follow the school protocols
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ BELOW
- GUIDELINES FOR FACE-TO-FACE LESSONS AT NRC WEEK 1, TERM 3, 2021
- COVID-19 Additional Information 8th July, 2021
Please contact email@example.com if:
- You have any questions or concerns
- You do not wish to attend your scheduled lesson in Week 1, Term 3 due to the COVID-19 restrictions
Anita Bellman, Executive Director
Guidelines for Face-To-Face
Lessons at NRC
Week 1, Term 3, 2021
Important guidelines for face-to-face lessons the NRC has implemented to help protect students, NRC staff and the NRC community in line with the current restrictions in place across NSW.
Please action the following:
- ARE YOU WELL? Please do not attend lessons or appointments if you or any member of your household is unwell. If you were in the Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour on or after Monday 21 June 2021, follow the stay at home rules for 14 days from the date you left the area. Check if you have visited a location with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Then follow the NSW Health Advice. Please refer to Additional Information.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING of 1.5 metres must be maintained at all times
- STUDENTS, Staff and Visitors attending lessons or appointments may enter the building. Please limit siblings or friends visiting the building unnecessarily.
- WEAR A FACE MASK – over the age of 12, all students, staff and visitors will be required to wear a face mask onsite at NRC. Masks may be removed in the teaching studio if required to participate fully in music tuition. Please refer to Additional Information.
- Please arrive NO SOONER than 5 mins prior to lesson or appointment times.
- SANITISE – please sanitise your hands prior to lessons or appointments.
- SIGN IN – all student attendance at the building will be recorded by your tutors on their student roll. All other visiting adults must CHECK-IN via our QR code signage to be found throughout the building.
If you are unable to CHECK-IN using the QR code – please ask for assistance at Reception.
- YOUR SAFETY – Tutors and staff will carry out a sanitising process to all shared resources and high touch surfaces between students’ lessons. (eg. door handles, piano/keyboards, stands, desks, chairs). NB: music stands are for individual use only during lessons or rehearsals.
- LEAVE DIRECTLY AFTER LESSONS – students are asked to leave the building as soon as possible after their lessons.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION as at 8th July, 2021
From Department of Health NSW website accessed 8th July 2021, last updated 7th July 2021
NSW COVID-19 case locations
If you were in Greater Sydney, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour on or after Monday 21 June 2021, follow the stay at home rules for 14 days from the date you left the area.
Check if you have visited a location with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days. Then follow the NSW Health advice.
Children 12 years and under are exempt but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable.
When you can remove your mask
A person may remove their mask if they are:
- eating or drinking
- communicating with another person who is deaf or hard of hearing
- at work and the nature of the work makes the wearing of a fitted face covering a risk to the person’s, or another persons’ health and safety, or where clear enunciation or visibility of your mouth is essential
- in a school or early education and care facility
- working alone in an office (until another person enters)
SINGING AND DANCING
Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship is not allowed.
You may only sing in non-residential indoor premises if
- the singers are performers and they are performing or rehearsing
- the premises are an educational establishment
- it is part of a singing lesson.
GATHERINGS EXEMPTED FROM THE SQUARE METRE RULES
- Office buildings, farms, factories, warehouses, commercial vessels (excluding vessels providing tours or hosting functions or parties), commercial fishing operations, mining or construction sites
- Schools, universities, other educational institutions or childcare facilities, excluding events that involve members of the community in addition to staff and students
- Early education and care facilities
From Department of Education NSW website last updated 8th July, 2021
MASKS AND FACE COVERINGS
While at school, masks or face coverings are recommended in all indoor settings for:
- all students in Year 7 and above
- all staff in school settings.
We will provide further advice to department staff in an additional guidance document on masks and face coverings later this week.
QR code sign-in process for all staff and visitors
The NSW Government have introduced mandatory QR codes across a range of additional settings, including schools.
What is permitted during school hours and within schools under these restrictions
- Childhood Education Services (OSHC, vacation care, preschools etc.)
- Community Language Schools
- Share Our Space will proceed in-line with current health advice. All visitors will be required to practice physical distancing and check in using the Service NSW QR code
- School holiday programs
- All external providers and specialist programs not directly related to educational outcomes and support
What is permitted with modification
School based activities
- Assemblies can be held with COVID-safe practices in place. No visitors permitted.
- Singing, chanting, group repetition and choirs are permitted if conducted outside in a well-ventilated area.
- Bands and ensembles are permitted in line with current health advice.
- Dance or drama are permitted in line with COVID-Safe practices within classes. · Library activities are permitted in line with the Infection Control requirements.
- Principal-endorsed activities for students.