Our most recent house concert featured a student singing traditional Chinese song Moo Li Hua (Jasmine Flower), holding a sprig of Jasmine.
So we know here at the Conservatorium that it is nearly Springtime. Which means our annual fundraising concert is coming soon.
Held at the workers club auditorium, the Spring Gala showcases our ensembles as we take advantage of the wonderfully large stage and fill it with musicians from our Community Music program.
This year’s highlights include:
- The Northern Rivers Community Orchestra, conducted by Michael McCabe, playing repertoire from our acclaimed July school holiday workshop program, including some original works by our own Wendy Turner, and with an International Guest Violinist Renata Ginat-Cohendy
- Mark Bromley’s World Music Ensemble,who can change time signatures more often than most people can name them, and a speed that needs to be heard to be believed
- Our widely revered Youth Jazz Orchestra with Julius Hofstetter, with some very nice music to dance to
- And some smaller ensembles too, including newly formed Elementary Band; String Ensembles, Children’s Choir and (Super Cute Alert) our Seedlings and Saplings will join with Little Strings under the guidance of Heidi Chappelow
- Plus our good friends Lismore City Concert Band will play, conducted by our own Brass tutor Ben van Kleef
Tickets are just $10 or $5 concession, and $25 family, and can be purchased in advance from our office or at the door.